06 January 2014

WHERE WERE YOU DURING THE POLAR VORTEX OF 2014?

aesthetic fauna // polar vortex
After a week of snow in which Kid A spent much time transfixed at the window, Wisconsin's in the middle of a cold snap the meteorological world is calling a polar vortex. Polar. Vortex. Just in case you skipped over it without imagining a cool-hued Windows '97 screensaver raging outside. 

I've never been privy to anything so ominous sounding, so I'm going with it and embracing this temperature equivalent of a Sharknado. From inside. I've dashed into the garage a few times without a coat just to feel the shock of it, but mostly I've been curled up with a kid, computer, or mug of something hot. (I really wanted to say steaming right there, but I'm still feeling queasy after Miss Teen USSR's public toilet mishap.)

Bring it on.

xxx+o,
Jess

p.s. Does anyone else think this weather phenomenon is the ice gods throwing a fit that I didn't get sent to the Arctic? They're all like, IF JESS ISN'T COMING TO THE ARCTIC, WE'LL GO ALL POLAR VORTEX ON YOUR S*** AND BLOW THE NORTH F***ING POLE DOWN TO SIXTY FIVE MILLION PEOPLE. 

You too? Okay, good. I was getting all flipped out that I was being dramatic. Kisses!