26 December 2013

From Me, To You

aesthetic fauna // sketchy santas
via Sketchy Santas
I find that wishing someone a (insert overenthusiastic adjective) Christmas can be disappointing, as the holidays can be overwhelming for even the most lionhearted of merrymakers. The idea that the entirety of this season has to be jingle bell-ish and joyous is completely absurd, kind of like telling a parent of two small kids to relish every moment. Right. 

Thus, I alternatively wish for each of you a few minutes of solace before you close your eyes tonight, a spark of gratitude, a moment of warmth. I'll share with you my end-of-day joie de vivre (and let the rest fade away): two safe and rosy-cheeked faces, rapidly tiring. The constant snowfall quietly blanketing the world around us in white. Airplanes. Family, enveloping us and our children. Generosity. Humor. You, staying with me as stubbornly as I continue to write my way towards an unbeknownst destination.

Have a very something Christmas, everyone. And if Christmas isn't your thing, take that part out and relish your day anyway. Or at least have a chuckle at the photo. 

Much love from Wisconsin. Stay warm, people, inside and out.

xxx+o,
Jess