12 June 2012

Channeling Marilyn


Spinning around in this getup made me realize a couple things:

1. I am powerless against charming frocks.
2. I need a petticoat. I tried on a pretty, handmade one at Cavelli & Nastri in Milan, and I'm really regretting not buying it.

This dress has Monroe-serious movement. It calls to mind days of dancing times past, although I'll most likely give it a chance to billow on a bicycle or at a windy beach picnic. I contrasted the syrup-sweet Americana vibe with some sassy kicks: gladiator in the front, heeled chic in the back.

Tomorrow's forecast proclaims sun; this dress may have its opportunity to properly show off on the beach quicker than a cobra bite to the arse.

xxx,
j

p.s. Click this link and get $10 off your first ModCloth order (perhaps this dress?)!
modcloth
modcloth
modcloth
modcloth
modcloth
modcloth
modcloth
modcloth
modcloth