19 April 2012

Stéphanie Di Giusto, mastermind

Oh, my. Moonlight (first video below) just might be the prettiest thing I've ever seen. I first ran into it over on Honey Kennedy and was immediately in love with the dreamy, surreal aesthetic. So, naturally, I skipped right on over to director Stéphanie Di Giusto's site. Intoxicating.

Horses? Remote locales? Sci-fi? Vanessa Bruno getups? A faint whiff of peculiarity? Fantastic scores? Kate Bosworth? Yes, please. These short films overflow the fashion genre cup they're technically in, big time. If Di Giusto ever chooses to direct a feature-length film, you better bet your sweet bippy I'll be near the front of the line to see it.

Sit down with your coffee, put your slippered feet up, and prepare to have your pretty little face blown into a state of wonderment as you watch my three favorites. (I may have cried a little; galloping horses do it for me every time.)

xxx,
j